Sound design is a dark art. Being able to create professional quality sounds for your tracks is what sets you apart from the pack. Forget presets and sample packs – this course is all about crafting your sound from the oscillator up. You’ll get hands on with various software packages, plus learn how to build sounds on a modular synth and other studio hardware.
In this intensive 2 day weekend class, join the insanely talented Jason Lim as he guides you through sound design both on hardware and software. Having studied at the prestigious Berklee College of Music, designed and manufactured his own range of modular synths, and taught all over the world you’re learning from an industry professional.
You’ll also get a FREE online course worth £85 with over 9 hours of content! Check out the Features tab to see what else is on offer.
You will get:
- 16 hours of tuition from an industry professional
- Skills and knowledge to elevate your productions to professional level
- Hand-on experience with hardware and software sound design
- 40% Educational discount on Ableton Live
- FREE Shoogle Studios online course with over 9 hours of content, worth £85!
- Exclusive Facebook group for help between sessions
- Comprehensive course notes with a ring binder for storage
- Student discount card for Rubadub for 10% off all equipment and music
- Up to 50% off plugins from the likes of Fabfilter, iZotope and more!
Introduction to Sound Design
Track Analysis & Sound Design 1
Track Analysis & Sound Design 2
FM Synthesis Techniques
Introduction to Modular Synthesis
Advanced Hardware Synthesis
Personal Sound Design Tuition
Further Sound Design Explorations
Jason Lim (aka Instruō) is the Sound Design tutor at Shoogle Studios. Having studied at the prestigious Berklee College of Music where he majored in electronic production and design, he works between the worlds of traditional instruments and experimental electronics.
With a work history as a studio musician, composer, producer, and having designed is own range of modular synthesizers which are used in studios and on stages around the world, Jason brings a unique approach and experience to sound design and synthesis.
We are delighted to have Jason on board to teach the Ableton Live: Sound Designer course at Shoogle Studios.
You will need a laptop for this course. Either a Macbook or a PC will be fine for this. You will also need a copy of Ableton Live:
Minimum: Ableton Live Suite
You can get a fully functioning demo of Ableton Live Suite that lasts for 30 days here.
Ableton Live: Designer
14th & 15th April 2018 | Saturday & Sunday | 10:30am – 6:30pm