Ableton Live is the latest and greatest software for making music. Whether you’ve never made music before or are switching from another DAW this is the course for you. During this 9 week evening class you will be taught by Ableton Certified Trainer and Soma Records artist Simon Stokes (Petrichor) in the art of creating music using Ableton Live 9 – the very best software for electronic music production.
The focus of the course is on creating your beats and sounds from scratch rather than using pre-produced loops. This way, you can truly say that you own the music you create. Don’t worry if you have no music making experience at all – the course is based around a small class (max 10 people) designed for complete beginners and is taught in an open and friendly way, all questions are welcomed. You’ll also get a FREE online course worth £85 with over 9 hours of content! Check out the Features tab to see what else is on offer.
- 16 hours of tuition time with a Soma Records artist
- Skills and knowledge to build a full track from start to finish
- FREE Shoogle Studios online course with over 9 hours of content, worth £85!
- 40% Educational discount on Ableton Live
- Exclusive Facebook group for help between sessions
- A custom USB stick with a sample pack, example projects and further reading
- Comprehensive course material with a ring binder for storage
- Student discount card for Rubadub for 10% off all equipment and music
- Up to 50% off plugins from the likes of Fabfilter, iZotope and more!
Week 1: Introduction to Ableton Live 9
Week 2: Building Percussion & Introduction to Effects
Week 3: Introduction to Synthesizers
Week 4: Further synthesis
Week 5: Off – Practice Week
Week 6: Introduction to Audio and Advanced Effects
Week 7: Introduction to Arrangement
Week 8: Advanced Arrangement
Week 9: Mixing Down and Exporting
You will be guided into the world of music production by Ableton Certified Trainer Simon Stokes. Having worked as an Ableton tutor since 2007, and with releases on record labels worldwide including legendary techno label Soma Records and international touring experience as a DJ and live act you will be learning from an industry professional.
Simon’s passion for music and friendly, engaging teaching style will have you creating your own tracks in no time.
You will need a laptop for this course. Either a Macbook or a PC will be fine for this. You will also need a copy of Ableton Live:
Minimum: Ableton Live Intro + Ableton Analog
You can get a fully functioning demo of Ableton Live Suite that lasts for 30 days here.
Ableton Live: Introducer
18th January 2018 | 9 Weeks | Thursday 7pm – 9pm