Can’t make it to our weekly evening courses? Our Ableton Live: Weekender courses are all about learning electronic music production at a time which suits you. This intensive course split over 2 days is designed to get you up and running making tracks in just one weekend. You will be taught by Ableton Certified Trainer and Soma Records artist Simon Stokes (Petrichor) in the art of creating music using Ableton Live 9 – the very best software for electronic music production.
The focus of the course is on creating your beats and sounds from scratch rather than using pre-produced loops. This way, you can truly say that you own the music you create. Don’t worry if you have no music making experience at all – the course is based around a small class designed for complete beginners and is taught in an open and friendly way, all questions are welcomed. You’ll also get a FREE online course worth £85 with over 9 hours of content! Check out the Course Schedule tab to see what else is on offer.
– Introduction to Live 9
– Building Percussion with Impulse
– Using Drum Racks
– Introduction to Audio Effects
– Music theory – keys & chords
– Using Synths & Samples to Create Music
– Introduction to sound design
– Working with audio – warping & making edits
– MIDI Effects
– Using EQs to improve your track
– Advanced Audio Effects
– Mixing Down
– Automation techniques
– Arrangement techniques
– Exporting your track
You will be guided into the world of music production by Ableton Certified Trainer Simon Stokes. Having worked as an Ableton tutor since 2007, and with releases on record labels worldwide including legendary techno label Soma Records and international touring experience as a DJ and live act you will be learning from an industry professional.
Simon’s passion for music and friendly, engaging teaching style will have you creating your own tracks in no time.
- 16 hours of tuition time with a Soma Records artist
- Skills and knowledge to build a full track from start to finish
- FREE Shoogle Studios online course with over 9 hours of content, worth £85!
- 40% Educational discount on Ableton Live
- Exclusive Facebook group for help between sessions
- A custom USB stick with a sample pack, example projects and further reading
- Comprehensive course material with a ring binder for storage
- Student discount card for Rubadub for 10% off all equipment and music
You will need a laptop for this course. Either a Macbook or a PC will be fine for this. You will also need a copy of Ableton Live:
Minimum: Ableton Live Intro plus Analog
You can get a fully functioning demo of Ableton Live Suite that lasts for 30 days here.
Ableton Live: Introducer [Weekender]
10th & 11th February 2018 | Saturday & Sunday | 10:30am – 6:30pm