Ableton Push is the world’s best controller for Ableton Live – so much so that it feels more like you’re playing an instrument! In this course you’ll get taken through using Ableton Push for music production to get the most out of this incredible device, with 2 hours of world class tuition from one of the world’s top tutors.
Join Ableton Certified Trainer and music producer Simon Stokes (Soma Records) as he guides you on how to create music using Ableton’s latest Push controller.
Simply click ‘Buy Now’ to the right to begin the course and work through it at a pace which suits you.
This course comes packed with content for you to use and work through. Here’s what you’ll get:
- 12 comprehensive videos covering building up ideas using Ableton Push!
- 2 hours of world class tuition!
- A solid structure for learning which builds your knowledge from beginner to expert!
- Create your own tracks using the hardware only – ditch the mouse!
Ableton Push Made Simple!
This course will take you from your first steps with Ableton Push right through to structuring a track with this incredible device. From beginners to experts there’s something in here for you. Videos include: Videos include…
- Introduction & Setup: Overview of Ableton Push controller and how to get it set up.
- Display & Browsing: Learn how to load instruments using different methods, and how to get the most out of the display.
- Pads & Step Sequencing: The pads are the star of the show! Learn how to use them to program drums.
- Creating Variations: It’s easy to create 1 bar loops, but this session looks at extending those to interesting patterns.
- Right Controls: Learn how to be creative with Note Repeat, Accent and all the other controls down the right side of Push.
- Realtime Recording: Tapping in drum patterns can humanise your music to great effect – learn how to do it right!
- Realtime Recording 2: Learn about further creative possibilities when playing in patterns in realtime.
- Automation: Learn how to use both the Note Edit and Step Automation modes built into Push for dynamic sounds!
- Customising Drum Racks: Swap out samples of preset drum racks or build your own from scratch with effects – get the most out of Push.
- Scales: Learn how the incredible Scales function works on Push to enable you to play in incredible musical parts.
- Recording Melodies: Learn different techniques for recording in melodies so you can create new parts in no time.
- Session Mode & Arrangement: Learn about structuring your track in Session Mode and how to record a complete arrangement on the fly!
Simon Stokes is a highly accomplished music producer and a world-class tutor.
Signed to the legendary Soma Records under his Petrichor alias, one of the top techno labels in the world, he has released his debut album Mångata (Mixmag’s album of the month) whilst playing a string of live and DJ performances around the UK and Europe.
Chosen as one of Ableton’s elite ‘Certified Trainers’, he also runs Shoogle Studios, Scotland’s leading electronic music production school.
For this course you should have a computer running Ableton Live, plus either Ableton Push or Push 2. The course is taught on Push 2 but most features discussed are easily translated onto the original Push.
Minimum version: Ableton Live Intro.
You can get a fully functioning demo of Ableton Live Suite that lasts for 30 days here.
I found the video masterclass to be very helpful in learning my new Push 2. Well worth the price of the videos. The instructor has great teaching skills, and is clear and easy to understand.
It’s very usefull if you have just bought Ableton Push 2, thanks a lot.
Simon is an awesome tutor and explains everything about push very clearly!! I would highly recommend this tutorial.
The masterclass is very comprehensive and easy to understand! Now I can use my push a lot better!